It is believed that United Church services began in the homes of
various homesteaders in the Englefeld area around 1923.
In 1952 construction of the United Church began. It was completed and
dedicated in April 1954. It is likely that the cemetery was established
about this same time. For more information on the history of the United Church in Englefeld, check out the book or the DVD referred to on the history page.
For many years the cemetery was maintained by
Earl Taylor and Bud Strome. After Bud's death, Maurice and Alice Radoux
took over. The spruce trees were planted
around the graveyard by Maurice and Alice in 1992. Now through an
arrangement with Englefeld's Catholic Church, the graveyard is
maintained by Mike Miskolczi.
The earliest recorded death in the United Church
registry was that of the baby daughter of Herbert & Minnie Hinkley who was born June 21, 1918 and lived only two months.
Click here to view a table of the
names of all the people recorded to be buried in Englefeld Union
The list can be sorted by clicking on any column heading.
It is the most accurate list available but errors and omissions do